Stress is a state of being characterized by physical and emotional tension brought about by (perceived) unrealistic expectations.
Stress can be a motivating force to help bring about positive change when we have an optimistic attitude and effective skills.
Stress becomes limiting when we have a negative attitude and develop feelings of frustration, helplessness, hopelessness, depression and loss of control in our lives.
Sources of Stress:
- trying to do too much in too little time, with too little knowledge and with inadequate skills and tools
- the need to gain approval from others
- the need to control a situation or person
- creating unrealistic demands and expectations of oneself or others
- unrealistic perception of ourselves, others or the situation
Life is 10% what happens and 90% of how you perceive it and what you do with it.
Life is a do-it-yourself project.
Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood looking backward.